Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Eleven hours into 2009 and I haven't broken my resolution yet! It's pretty easy to not break one when you don't make one! Teresa's resolution is to lose weight (like millions of other Americans), but she's already off to a great start! She's lost 20 lbs in the last 2 weeks! Of course, that's thanks in part (well, in whole really) to having a baby 2 weeks ago and breastfeeding this whole time. She's only got 10 more lbs to go until her pre-pregnancy weight, but she won't stop there. Chasing 2 kids around is going to be a workout!

The holidays went smoothly in the Morshedi household. We had 5 separate Christmas events, 3 of them being hosted at our house because of having a brand new baby and it just being easier that way. Altogether, I think I counted 50 people to come in and out of our household just related to the holidays...and who knows how many came through for baby-gazing! I guess that's what Mary and Joseph felt like, huh?

Lucas absolutely loved opening Christmas presents this year! He will be 2 on Monday, so this was his second Christmas. I didn't think he would enjoy it as much as he did, but every time he tore open the wrapping paper and caught a glimpse of what was underneath, regardless of the fact that he couldn't see a picture or read the words but only saw color, he would shriek out in excitement, even if it wasn't his present he was opening! Except for clothing, he just pulled them out and tossed them away without even looking at where they landed as he continued to dig to the bottom of the box or bag looking for that TOY!! He's so stinkin' cute! I'm glad he's my kid! Elayna, though, could have cared less about what was going on for her first Christmas, giving that she was only 1 week old at Christmas.

Tonight, Teresa's family is coming over to the house for dinner (they are not included in that count of 50 above yet!...that's a possibility of another 20-22 peeps!). We will have the traditional New Year's dinner in my family, although this is the first time I am cooking it. Usually my parents cook it. The menu at Cafe de' Morshedi will include grilled pork chops, Irish potatoes, black-eyed peas, and cornbread. We're not superstitious, but we will eat black-eyed peas anyway. It is the one time during the year that I eat them. Surely they have some nutritional value that I need.

Okay, this post is long enough. I will post later about how cute my kids are! In the meantime, here's a few Christmas and random photos of them from the last week or so.

Lucas got a karaoke microphone so he can sing his ABCs.
We almost caught his shrill of excitement in the photo...but we just missed it!

He's playing with his new "garage in a box" that his MeMe (Teresa's mom) gave him.

Papa (pronounced "pawpaw", Brandon's dad) holding his grandaughter.
Proud grandparents!
This is just a sweet picture of my daughter taken by a friend of ours while I was trying to make her comfortable in her carseat when she was sleeping.

1 comment:

  1. You guys really were Christmas troopers. And every time we came over your house looked amazingly clean and picked up. How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete